Posted on: 25 August 2022
Basketball is a challenging sport because it requires strength and coordination in many parts of the body. For example, players need a strong back that can keep them stable while they run and make shooting easier. When a basketball player experiences a back-related injury, it may be necessary to work with a chiropractor to ensure that they get back into the sport ASAP.
Ways Chiropractors Help Basketball Players
Chiropractors with sports training may provide unique and specialized care for basketball players. They are skilled in multiple different care methods and will provide a complete diagnosis and care option that makes sense for a basketball player. Just a few of these options include:
- Diagnose Back Problems: Chiropractors start by carefully diagnosing what problems affect a basketball player's back and trace where it may have begun, such as poor shooting posture.
- Correct Misalignment: Chiropractor treatment may include adjusting a basketball player's back and spinal cord to ensure that it is strong and straight.
- Provide Continuing Treatment: After initial treatment, chiropractors can continue to help basketball players until their back is as strong as necessary for their competition.
Care Options That May Work Well
Chiropractors can provide multiple treatments to help basketball players overcome their back pain. These care options vary based on the athlete's needs and how severely their back is injured. Just a few options that may work well for a basketball player recovering from injuries include:
- Hands-On Adjustments: Chiropractic specialists typically start with hands-on adjustments that slowly tweak a basketball player's spine and back until they are as strong as necessary for the player's needs.
- Applicator Therapy: This therapy option uses specialized tools that safely and properly correct a basketball player's spinal alignment to ensure that they recover effectively.
- Alternative Treatment: Some chiropractors may provide alternative treatment options, like yoga, holistic care, and even acupuncture, to help improve a basketball player's back strength.
- Strength and Stability Routines: Chiropractic professionals may provide various strength-related exercises that increase a player's overall strength and avoid long-term complications.
Finding a Skilled Chiropractor
Chiropractors may specialize in specific care routines that may be better for some basketball players. For instance, a player's back may react better to applicator therapy than it does to hands-on adjustments. As a result, it is important for players with serious back troubles to do their research and find a chiropractor that provides the care option that makes the most sense for their needs.Share